[amayausers.com] Re: Need new computer

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 01:09:43 UT

This message was posted by SPEEDNEEDLES on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1252.html#000004

I contacted a local melco sales rep about a year ago asking about upgrading.
He told me it was $1,000 to upgrade design shop and Amaya OS to run on Windows
7.  Since I am not using design shop as my digitizing software it was only
going to cost me $500 to upgrade Amaya OS.  I decided to buy a new computer
with windows 7 and install XP along side of Windows 7 (dual boot).  When I am
embroidering I just boot the PC in windows XP.  When I am using the PC for
recreational use I boot it in windows 7.  Its been working well for me so far.
I decided to go this route because I do not want to give Melco any more money.
I think they should offer the update to a windows 7 compatible version for a
nominal fee and not $1000.  It forces the end user to fork over a bunch of
money when all we really want to do is replace our old PC and run a current
operating system.