[amayausers] Re: Need group input, please -- not a high priority

  • From: "Body Cover" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 14:54:34 -0800

For just another point of view.
I have 4 that are 3 years old +
I have only had 1 service call in the 3 years
after the initial visit from the tech to help with setup.

I have one glitchy machine which is the one that got
worked on and I think we replaced the motherboard on.

We work in a cold dark industrial building
that is rarely over 50 degrees in the winter.
starts out around 40 and in the summer sits around 90

No heat or AC, no covers at night, work all day and
follow the maintenance schedules when they pop up.

We don't oil the hook in the morning or dust them off unless
it seems to be causing issues.

We call them plenty of off color names when things aren't working
well and like wise are fairly quiet when things are going great.

This is in no way an issue of "Do what I do" but I could do a better job
and have had good luck with no major faults over time, except this
one machine that still likes to yank our chain every now and again.
My money is tight and I couldn't justify another $400 a month for
something that was hardly used, (like my Car or home owners insurance)
 Will I be sorry someday? Maybe but nothing else in the shop comes
with a warranty so I tend to take my chances,

So with anything mechanical, some people have good fortune and some don't
that can't be traced to usage or conditions, mostly just Luck.

I hope I haven't just jinxed myself.

our machines are numbers 739 - 746 - 750 - 753

So I am sure many improvements have been made since their arrival
but we have been lucky, so far...

Ron Vinyard
Body Cover / Magic Stitches

1-888-435-0176
541-471-1504 Fax 541-471-0427

420 SW H Street, Grants Pass, OR 97526-2532

info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.bodycoverdesign.com