[amayausers.com] Re: Need business advice - new to embroidery

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 02:25:16 UT

This message was posted by Di on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL.
Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/461.html

I started my embroidery business in Nov '07 with a home machine then purchased
the Amaya XT in Dec '07. I'm a little slow going but I'm doing some caps for my
dad's business and I've had a few people call me for caps and polos. I'm trying
to decide how to do things, i.e. website, doing shows, etc. I'm a stay at home
mom ( 3 1/2 yr old and 18 month old) hoping to turn this into a full time
business by the time my kids are in school. My husband works for my dad but is
looking for a career change (no real growth potential in small family
business). We were wondering if my husband takes classes in graphics and
digitizing and I run the machine, could this turn into a great family business?
I guess what I'm asking is for success stories and advice. I know my husband
would have to work full time until we got this business going, but can an
embroidery business comfortably support a family? If anyone is willing to
share, you can send me a private message or email me at diana13t@yahoo.
 com. What kind of potential income is there, is it worth my husband learning
to digitize, etc.? I know I need to market my business, but I would like some
advice before I spend money doing so.

I know I'm asking a lot for this type of info, but it would REALLY be
appreciated.