[amayausers] Re: Need SERIOUS Help with cap problem!

  • From: "Rod or Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 09:25:57 -0700

LuAnn,

What cap frames are you using on the older Amaya? I have had my best luck
with the EMT style of cap frame ( CCF type) and Flex-fits. If you don't have
these then I might suggest taking the wings off of the cap driver, that is,
if you still have them on and trying to do the Flex-fits without them. Also,
many people are now not using the raised needle plate either. Instead, they
are using the standard flat needle plate and dropping the presser foot down
to hold the cap from flagging. Flex-fits tend to flag quite alot and I think
this is why we tend to have trouble with them. As you mentioned, your XT
seemed to sew them better than the older Amaya.. Being able to regulate the
presser foot height may be part of this sucess. Hoop them snuggly and drop
the speed to 600--750--somewhere in that range...

What is wrong with the XT? You mentioned trimmer issues, is this the
problem? Broken push rod wire in the trimmer?---just curious.......

Rod Springer

Rod & Sharon Springer
Embroidery Cottage
Melco EMT & Amaya Technician & Trainers