[amayausers] Re: Micromesh fabric

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 18:46:54 -0400

I haven't stitched on the micromesh, but heatseal or direct
screenprint all the time on them. The embroidered logos I've seen on
them are almost as thick as a patch-enough backing and probably solvy
to beef up the sewout. No sign that it was 'stretched' because there
is no pucker around the image. Probably to prevent the stretching and
puckering they were embroidered with plenty of backing, underlayment,
etc. to hold that sucker in place!
Used to see the logos appliqued as a patch-remember the early Izod
'gator' shirts? After a few washes it would wrinkle up like a dead
lizard in the sun. Now it is all direct embroidered.
I don't stretch the fabric out for screenprinting or heat seal...and
have had no problems, I see some of the 'team' shirts I've done after
2-3 years and they hold up fine. So I would probably embroider them
the same-just add extra backing like what I've seen.
Sue and I both wander through the clothing sections of stores
checking out how embroidery is done on a 'commercial' scale just to
get ideas.

Roland

Sunrise Graphics
116 Main St
Claremont, NH 03743
603-543-1324
fax 603-543-9902
(fax machine is NOT turned on 24/7-only during normal business hours
Mon-Fri., 8 am -5 pm)
www.sunrisegraphics.org
signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx