[amayausers] Re: Medium Knit Beanie Sweater Caps

  • From: "HK Acree" <hkacree@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:48:41 -0800

Jackie,
I ran a couple dozen recently, turned out fine. Here is my "recipe".

Design is a 3 color complex fill fade going horizontal across the beanie.
Was 5/8 inch tall X 2.75 long. No issues with it. The lettering was "Gotta
Have DAK",  It is .33 tall and 98% in width. 150% Pull Comp. You will want
to experiment with the minimum column width and pull comp to get the desired
results. Too much pull comp and the lettering will begin to distort. I used
a walk stitch underlay at 22 points followed by a zig zag at 16 density and
95 %. Lettering densities were set using Auto Density. Using the super zoom
and ruler, my lettering columns are right at 18 points. A topping of some
kind is also needed.
Hooping (as always) is one of the keys. I made a 16" X  7" hooping device
out of particleboard. Sanded it smooth then sealed it with paint. I clamp
this to my table and hoop beanies/sleeves etc. Beanies fit perfectly and
hooping is a breeze. Do not stretch the beanie when you hoop it. Also as
long as the backing is fully captured in the hoop, the beanie does not have
to be. I only hoop a little over half the beanie so I can get the design
centered at the bottom of the thing.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions feel free to give me a call.

Herb
Royal Embroidery