[amayausers] Re: Massive pucker problem in fill

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 22:33:56 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/27.html

I'm stumped..doing the Kiwanis 'circle' logo, part of it is a 2" diameter
filled circle about 1/2" wide-then .22 MicroTime CP
lettering on top of that. Double underlay under the circle, fill alone
is 8,000 stitches. I think 4 density, 15 pt stitch, 110 comp.
Looks great, other detail around and inside it are fine-until I add the
lettering. Then it puckers up the circle about 1/4" and the lettering is off
the fill.
Using 3 pieces of 2 oz. cutaway (middle piece is the 4x6 'hat' backing, nice
and stiff) and solvy on top, Diport pique sport shirts.
Did over 10 sewouts to get this combination as the best I could do.
Lettering is up to 3.9 on density, 120 pull comp, min. width 10.
Been going around and around trying to get a nice sewout without the puckering
and would live to get rid of the 'almost' cardboard stiff backing!