[amayausers] Re: Mailed Info to Cameron Vinyard

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 23:10:16 UT

There was a new post on the AmayaUsers.com Discussion Board.  Here are the
details:

Forum: Water Cooler
Subject: Mailed Info to Cameron Vinyard
Posted By: Body Cover

For all who haven't heard, about a month ago, my son's class (2nd grade) was
working on a geography project that involved understanding how life goes on
each day, for each of us, despite being worlds away from each other, and as
such we lose track of the world as a whole since we only think on a local level
instead of a global level.
Their goal was to try to figure out a way to reach people in another part of
the country and/or world.
So he and I made a plan to contact the people on this list since we have a
variety of people from all over and see if they'd take the time to send him an
envelope with a business address or a business card or a postcard or whatever
they had time and money to do, and we are tracking them on a big world map
(that he had bought with his allowance) all the places we heard from.

So far all who have responded have been great!
and we have gotten around a dozen replies, the farthest being from Paris,
France.

He now looks forward to getting mail everyday and taken a huge interest in
geography. Of course, what 7 year old doesn't like getting mail!

So to anyone that hadn't heard previously
If you wouldn't mind you can send anything
that shows a city and state, or hand write it
on there and maybe the company name so I can
put two and two together, and send it to him.

Cameron Vinyard (age 7)
1894 McCarter Lane
Grants Pass, OR 97527

I know with the price of postage in the states and I have no idea about outside
the US that it can be a little pricey these days for such a frivolous venture.
So Thank you in advance
to all who will and have replied.

To reply to this post, please go here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/ubb/get_topic/f/7/t/000003.html#000002