[amayausers] Re: La Cap hat line

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 17:18:21 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/4/85.html

Just had a customer bring in one of the LaCap 'Mafia' ballcaps to mount on a
trophy plaque...don't ask-except for a compass, these are the only ones of 12
trophies I could explain on this site! LOL
Anyways...obviously a 'panel' constructed hat-mini Mafia sewn into the edge of
the brim, top of brim is sewn, not through the underbrim...but the MAFIA
itself, on the front...is over 1/8" thick, WOW!!! It was sewn directly
on...gray shadowing, and then the white MAFIA (all block) on top-I am guessing
1/8" thick foam or something fairly rigid-with a satin stitch going all the way
over and locking it down. Almost looks like it was chiseled out of metal and
stuck to the hat it is so thick!
Didn't know if anyone else has seen this line of hats but if we could do it
with an Amaya...impressive! I'll have to see if I can get a digital picture of
the detail it is so amazing.