[amayausers] LETTER: Heat Press

  • From: Beebopproducts@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 12:55:53 EDT

I bought mine from Visual Communications (_www.visual-color.com_
(http://www.visual-color.com) ) about 6 years  ago and it works great.

It is called The Magic Touch and has a swinging arm...which is important so
it moves out of the way so you won't get burned.  I am sure there are  others
similar.

Down time to learn it is about nil....very easy.  Biggest situation is  the
transfer papers.  Kinkos will run on only special transfer papers  available at
 TranferMagic.com.  100 sheets are $42.  Visual  Communications has SS600
papers that will run on a Ricoh color copier.   Copies at Kinkos (you provide
the
paper) is 89 cents each.  T-shirts run  from about $2+ - white high quality
for $3+ for colored high-quality at San Mar  here in the Seattle area.  If you
want transfer papers for hard surfaces,  you will have to get a different
paper and will need a rubber pad to do the  imprint.  I am doing some dye sub
ink
myself to do the hard surfaces on a  separate printer I have.

All in all the transfer paper is almost instant gratification and a lot of
fun to do.

I have also purchased supplies from TR Distributors (_www.trdistributors.net_
(http://www.trdistributors.net) ).

Hope this helps.