[amayausers.com] Re: Ka Chung

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 22:50:09 UT

This message was posted by sewsew7 on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/398.html#000002

Hi Tom,  my machine was "ka chunging" about a month and a half ago as well.
It's was a real loud alarming noise to hear. My problem turned out to be that
the thread feed gears( sorry my book isn't in front of me, but I think this is
what they are called) were out of mesh with each other.  My black thingies were
jumping with this problem as well, but the noise only happened during a needle
change.  Look behind your needle case at the top, and there is a white gear
back there.  Change needles and see if they are in grinding against the white
gears that you service during a 4 million stitch maintenance.  If so there is a
quick fix for this through the key pad, but unfortunately I can't remember the
keys to press.  If you phone your tech support they should be able to walk you
through this on the phone if this ends up being the problem.  Hope this helps.