[amayausers] Re: Jacket help

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 13:15:07 -0500

Mike, We've done a batch of those jackets....and love 'em!
I think it ended up at 8-10 for MT, and 2-3 oz. cutaway inside for backing,
which we don't bother cut away anyways....once you zip up the jacket you
don't notice the excess-it helps insulate it.
Speed was around 1,000...and when we had thread breaks I would add 1 to the
MT each time until it stopped breaking...also check your bobbin-if that is
too tight it will add to the breaks. The jacket material is fairly 'tight'
woven and also water repellant so you have to balance everything for smooth
running. We had a 67,000 stitch design we did on the backs of them.
Good luck!
Roland