[amayausers] Hoops and sequin attachment info

  • From: e3m@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 21:59:22 +0000

Jan,
You bring up a good point that I think is being overlooked by many.
I recently installed a sequin attachment for a very nice lady.  As I was
working on the machine, she said to me....  " I was expecting to buy a book of
designs from Dakota Collectibles or the like with a wide assortment of Sequin
Designs, only to find out that there is no such book -as of yet."
If you decide to jump into the world of sequins, and Yes - they really do jazz
up your embroidery, you must be prepared to do your own digitizing.  I'm sure
it's only a matter of time before more and more digitizers jump on this band
wagon (if they haven't already) and offer sequin designs in native formats for
each brand machine.

When I do a sequin installation, half the day is dedicated to the machine and
the other half is for sequin digitizing training.  And this is presuming you
already know how to digitize with the basic tools.  In short, the sequin
attachment is not a good idea for folks just starting out in embroidery. (my
opinion)

As for hoops:
Melco has recently added the slim line clamping system and now also has a
similar hooping device called the micro pocket hoops (three sizes) which
utilize the cap attachment and are to be used on the Amaya XT with it's smaller
cylindrical sewing arm.
After the 22cm round hoop, the next size up would be the 36cm X 30cm hoop.  We
use this one all the time.  After that you get into the larger jacket back
hoops.

Ed Orantes
Amaya Tech and Trainer
504-258-6260