[amayausers] Hooping template

  • From: "Jack Fuller" <eta@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:28:34 -0700

I was unable to reply to PPI01@xxxxxxx in a reply to his/her request for
information about hoopers. Emailer issues apparently. Anyway here is my
reply.
I bought the All-in-One Hooper and regret it. Way too much money for a
marginal tool. So I came up with my own template made out of the cover of a

plastic three ring binder. I cut it out in an upside down F shape and marked

it off for use on left chest for 7 1/2 and 8 1/2 inches down and 4 1/2 and 5

1/2 inches from the center line of the garment. The two arms of the F are

the same length. The legs are one inch wide. The middle arm of the F I place

over the center top button and other goes over the center of the placket.

The vertical leg should fit near the intersection of the neck and shoulder

seams. I use a fabric pencil to put a dot where the center of the design

should go and center the hoop over it. I marked the centerlines of the hoops

in both directions using a permant marker with 1/4 inch increment marks on

either side of the centerlines. This allows me to "eyeball" the vertical

alignment. I use the laser dot in the AMAYA to make placement adjustments.

You can place an additional dot directly above the centering dot to check

horizontal alignment. It takes me 20 to 30 seconds to hoop this way. If you

would like a copy I'll fax one to you. My email is jack@xxxxxxxxx (That is

jack @ eta and the numeral one not the letter L). Best of all this is FREE!

Jack

Jack Fuller