[amayausers.com] Re: Hooping Ball Caps

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 23:56:48 UT

This message was posted by LawsonPoling on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1640.html

Hello all, newbie here (again) - I have a Melco Bravo machine and the Melco 270
degree cap frame. When I hoop semi-structured ball caps, there is always a
considerable amount of air beteeen the front of the cap and the needle plate
once I mount it to my machine. If I begin embroidering 'hands off' I get many
thread breaks at the beginning of any given stitch run. If I am careful to keep
my fingers clear of the needle and press the cap front down onto the needle
plate when the stitch run begins, then this problem goes away. Suffice it to
say that my jobs would go a LOT smoother if I did not have to compromise my
fingers and baby sit the beginning of each stitch run. I would love to hear
suggestions on how to get past this problem area.

Thanks!