[amayausers.com] Re: Hoop limit settings

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 14:08:03 UT

This message was posted by Anita on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1281.html#000002

I'm not sure what you're experiencing exactly, but I experience Slim Line hoop
limit issues 100% of the time if I shut down my system with slim line selected
in the Amaya OS (I'm still using some early version of OS 7 on an XT using
Windows XP).

I always take the slim line hoop off the machine to prevent start up accidents
caused by mistakenly leaving the lever up. I also learned that if I change the
selected hoop in the OS to one of the standard round ones before I shut the
Amaya and OS down and then reselect the slim line once the system is brought
back up, then I don't experience the problem I think you may be describing.

Clear as mud I'm sure.  Essentially, try changing the hoop selected in the OS
to a standard hoop, doesn't matter if the design fits or not.  Shut down the
Amaya and the OS.  Restart everything as you would normally.  Reselect the slim
line.  Can't hurt.  Works for me every time, don't know nor care why.

Anita