[amayausers.com] Re: Hiccup/Skip

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 19:11:05 UT

This message was posted by Captain Gold on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/892.html

Has anyone experienced this and if so, is there a solution?

I have had a recurring problem since I started using my Amaya (not XT).
Periodically, with no warning and with no known interval, she hiccups. Usually
in the middle of a long running stitch or a fill stitch, there will be a soft
"clunk" and the registration will shift about half a millimeter. The shift is
always "down" moving the hoop away from the machine arm. I watch it carefully
when this starts happening and can usually salvage the design if I catch it
quick enough.

When it first started, Jeff Banks was mystified. For the longest time, I was
the only one reporting this issue, but that changed after about a year. I don't
know if there was ever a solution or reason discovered.

On my machine, it had stopped for quite some time.

Now it is back with a vengeance. In one small, left chest design, it hiccuped
four times this morning. On the next design, it hiccuped again. These are
designs I've been stitching fairly regularly without any issues. It doesn't
matter which needle, either.

I've got a fairly good sized job (for me) that I have to complete this weekend,
plus a detailed design that I need done this afternoon. Neither design is one
that will be easily recoverable if this hiccup occurs again.

Thanks!