[amayausers.com] Re: Help with jacket and sweater

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 07:15:36 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/388.html#000001

Hi Steve,
You may get several suggestions with each being different recommendations.  I
just finished four of the cotton knit sweaters and I use two layers of
Poly-Mesh.  I like to keep the "handle" or feel of the embroidery as soft as
the garment. Poly-Mesh has no stretch and is shear, soft and yet strong. I
cross-hatch them. I also hoop Solvy on top. Be very careful and DO NOT stretch
the knit while hooping. We had both satin and fill stitches in our design. Not
a problem with either. I don't know the density, pull comp, etc. that Rod put
in the design.

As for the jacket, it is always nice to open a seam and hide the underside of
the embroidery but only if your client is willing to pay for the extra time and
effort--and you are willing to go that extra mile. Charge for your work.

There is something you can put on the garment to waterproof it again and I'm
sorry again, I don't know what it is.  Perhaps someone else will jump in or
call a fabric store and ask.
Sharon