[amayausers.com] Re: Help with Cone issue

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 20:35:45 UT

This message was posted by The Embroidery Authority on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE
DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL. Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by
clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/761.html#000001

Simply put, if the thread does not come off the spool in a smooth and expedient
fashion, then it is not considered commercial machine embroidery thread.  And
if the the thread works fine on other embroidery machines, (and not your Amaya)
then it's not considered compatible with the Amaya commercial embroidery
machine.
In a professional environment, one would simply just get thread that does work
well with the Amaya machine.
Now....  With that said, If you want to rig the spool so that you don't waste
the thread, that's a different story.  You'll have to figure out a way to
prevent the thread from sticking even if it means creating your own "Jack Leg"
cone base using a coat hanger wire and a popsicle stick in addition to
superglue and/or bubble gum.  Heck, I've even found myself standing over the
machine hand feeding the thread to the machine just to finish the design.
That's the last time we ever agreed to use the customer's own home embroidery
machine thread.  It's funny now thinking back but wasn't funny at the time.

Good Luck to you.
Ed