[amayausers.com] Re: Help for a new user

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 19:09:35 UT

This message was posted by Wishes on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/695.html

Dear list,
I am trying to help a new user who lives across the state.  She bought an XT in
July and I spent one day training her on the XT only.  At the time she did not
have DS but has since purchased it.  She had a 4 needle Brother and loved it
but wanted more speed, cutting, etc.  She knows embroidery but we are having
problems getting the bobbin thead to not show on top.  Yesterday I had her do
the Thread Tension Test with the rows and it stitched perfectly.  She started
out doing some very large designs with 40 color changes.  I told her to do some
practice on a simple design and this is the description she has sent me.  Could
someone look at this and give me a direction to go.  She is very frustrated and
I don't blame her.  She has called Melco and they can't detect anything
abnormal or things work just fine when she calls.  She feels they are givng her
the brush off but I don't really think so.  She had done all the things with
needles, bobbin adjustment, pressure foot up or down
 .  All of the designs she has sent me have stitched out great with one of two
thread breaks in very large  designs. How can I help her?  I would appreciate
some advice.  Thanks Margaret

"I sewed a 3,000 stitch bumble bee four times. #1 I had no thread break at 600
spm but the bobbin shows on the straight stitch.  #2 I tightened the bobbin and
raised the spm.  I had 1 thread break and the bobbin still shows but it looked
slightly better.  #3 I tightened the bobbin more and again raised the speed to
1000 spm.  I had 3 thread breaks and the bobbin still shows but again slightly
better than #2.  #4 I tightened the bobbin but lowered the speed to 600 spm.  I
had 1 thread break that shreaded the thread and it would not cut.  When I catch
the shreading prior to the machine giving me the error message, I do a trim
command.  That's when it will not cut the thread. (That's not the only time but
the most common time) The thread breaks are not on any one kind of thread, one
was Coats & Clark the other was on Madeira  but the bobbin showing through
seems to be more on the straight stitch.

Until we can get this figured out, I will keep a log on every pattern I sew
like above.  Maybe we can get this figured out yet and I agree that it's just
going to be trial and error.  It's the error part that's getting me bumbed out.
This machine was made to sew faster than 400-600 spm and I thought I was
beginning to get there but apparently not.  I'm going to do some more sewing
today so I'll keep you posted.
Looks like I'm going to need another roll of cut away."