[amayausers.com] Re: Help! Circles on hats not round!

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 16:06:44 UT

This message was posted by Wayne on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/872.html#000004

I've been in the Upholstery business for 36 years and I find that using HEAVY
Skirt lining is the best backing you can use for caps. A small amount of spray
glue and you are in business.
I use it on all my unconstructed caps and on some caps that do not lay down
good after being hooped. like the S113 Kati Jagged edge caps.
Some of them are have a hump in them after being hooped. The heavy backing
helps control the bounce and wrinkles you may have.

 (For a few that don't know skirt lining is for skirts on sofas and chairs, not
your wifes skirts).

 Note: some skirt lining is to thin so be sure to get the thick lining.

Wayne