[amayausers.com] Re: Heat Press Vinyl on umbrellas?

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 21:17:26 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/298.html#000002

There was a long discussion somewhere about doing umbrellas, the hat press did
come into play...the problem you will run into is the waterproofing on the
umbrella material...if it is treated for water repellancy, then it will ALSO
repel anything you try to adhere to it! Most of the umbrella work is done with
screenprinting or pad printing, solvent based inks will usually stick to it
good.
All you can do is get one, take a deep breathe, and try it and see what happens
but most likely a digital printed full color image (diecut) will go much better
than a 1 or 2 color straight vinyl job.
I'd be happy to run off a couple images on my Versacamm for you to try-that way
I'll find out if it does work at your expense!
I wouldn't charge for the sample prints...it's worth the experiment to see what
happens. Do you have a cap press already? I have a Mighty Press with different
size platens for it.
Roland