[amayausers.com] Re: HELP! Broken Screw on WACF Extended

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:45:57 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/1/564.html#000001

Hi LuAnn,

I am going to assume that we are talking about an XT capdriver......Big Reds
cap drivers are put together a little differently......

Do not run the cap driver without the thumb screws being in place. To replace
the large thumb screw will require removing 3 screws in the frame on the top
side of the cap driver and loosening  the forth so that the top part of the
frame can be swiveled to the side slightly. The screw can then be easily
replaced.

I like the large thumb screw idea but do not care for the material that they
are made out of. It does not seem to hold up well and will definitly fail if
they are over tightened. On the other hand, if they are allowed to come loose,
the vibration will quickly cause fatigue and they will/may fracture.

Take a close look at how the top part of the cap driver frame is assembled,  4
allen head screws are all that is involved.....remove 3, loosen the 4th, swivel
the top plate over and replace the screw and you are back in business...

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer