[amayausers.com] Re: For those new to digitizing

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 13:41:46 UT

This message was posted by gcannon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/2/1263.html#000009

I learned to digitize in 3 ways. 1st-I ran a lot of bad designs as ONLY an
operator & watchhing these designs run taught me what NOT to do.  2nd-I started
with DS Pro+ (very "tricked-out" program) & the video tutorial that came with
the software.  And 3rd, (most importantly), when I came (or come) across a bad
design or one that stitches poorly, I correct what needs to be corrected to
make the design run/look better.  In other words, I'm pretty sure I've taught
myself.  But I never stop looking for newer/better ways.  Keep in mind that
when I started in (Schiffli) embroidery, you had to "punch" the design stitch
by stitch and function by function, so all these bells and whistles are still
very much appreciated by me.