[amayausers.com] Re: Fast Frames Help Please!!!

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 21:15:43 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/3/602.html#000003

Fast frames, being an after market item, were not specifically designed for the
Amaya as far as hoop size. I suppose you could take the time to learn how to
set the exact hoop measurements in the customize hoop section, but I was always
too lazy to take the time to do it.

On the OS screen, if you have your "orientation" crosshair displayed on the
screen, you will see that few if any of the fast frames will center according
to the crosshair. This means that when you load a design, just centering the
hoop won't do you much good. You will need to jog the hoop to ensure that when
doing a trace, every thing will clear the needle and presser foot. It is not a
perfect world when Fast Frames are being used. You have to "make" them work for
you.

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer