[amayausers] Re: Fading of black polos

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 15:27:04 -0400

> I've never had problems with Gildan shirts of any type fading...but
> the problem may not be with the shirts (Outer  Banks are a definite
> high end shirt-shouldn't be a problem) but may be with his LAUNDRY
> technique...if they are using bleach or bleach substitutes to get
> the shoe polish off the shirts...then the shirts are going to react
> to the harsh cleaners used!
Heatsealed imprints-any type of bleach is deadly to them-will dry out
the vinyl material and it cracks and washes off....so in their
cleaning to get shoe polish off, the cleaners may be removing the
black (DYE) that makes up the shirt.
If you can find out what they are using for detergent and bleaches,
etc.- you can get a tech number from your supplier and call Outer
Banks tech dept and ask them if the detergents are doing it.
If it IS the detergents, you may not be able to find any supplied
shirt that won't react...or you can just keep calling techs for the
different mfg. lines and hope you find one that tells you 'XYZ
detergent' doesn't react with their material.

Good luck!

Roland