[amayausers.com] Re: Ethernet Communications

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 20:24:04 UT

This message was posted by Knehmer on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/888.html

Problem solved!  Turns out the Amaya OS doesn't like HP computers--that was the
only common denominator I had in trying two versions of the software, for two
different Operating systems (Vista and Windows 7) on two different computers.
Seems HP's BIOS doesn't turn on the ethernet port if the device at the other
end is not on--and, of course, that goes against the way the Amaya OS operates.
 Could have spent hours on the phone with HP trying to change the BIOS or spend
less than $30 for an ethernet hub (aka ethernet switch).  So, I'm up and
running.  Hope this helps anybody else who has this dilemma in the future!
(The Melco tech I talked to just found out about the issue last week)