[amayausers.com] Re: Embroidery on Satin and/or Lace

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 17:58:16 UT

This message was posted by flebow on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/749.html#000002

I have a few suggestions
However all of this really depends upon your stitch count and density
You certainly do not want any backing to remain.

You may be able to simmply use a tearaway or another possibility might be the
no show nylon mesh trimmed very closely.

Other suggestions :
We make a product that you may want to use esp of you get any shredding on the
satin
Cloud Cover Stitch was originally developed to arrest any fraying on satin and
silk
It is soft sheer, drapable and totally non directional , so you will still need
a stabilizer - a tearaway
It is also used to cover the back of scratchy stitches - good for the
pantiesand bras.

For the lace
I would suggest using a fibrous non woven called "washaway" aka other names w
our distributors
It dissolves very easily in room temp water
You do not have to immerse it in water-
A few drops and you will see it dissipate ecxcept under the stitches it will
become entangled with your threads and the fibers of your item to be embroidered

As always pls e-mail me off list if you want samples

Sincerely
Fred