[amayausers.com] Re: Embroidery on Bandanas?

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 21:32:46 UT

http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/502.html#000003

Mary, I do neckerchiefs for boy scouts all the time-same material as bandanas.
Take one bandana, roll it up the way she would wear it, and have hubby slap a
piece of masking tape (or a couple) cut to 3" wide, on the center of the
bandana, lined up with your nose.
He has to use the tape to mark the top and bottom of the'roll' and then when
you unroll it-you will have the exact location for your image. You could cut a
piece of poster board to fit on the bandana edge to edge ( if it is a 3 corner
bandana, into the 'angle' and far enough up to go beyone the logo area). Then
mark for your logo area and cut this section out. Now you can put this template
down on each bandana and just mark the corners with seamstress chalk...there's
your marking to line it up in a hoop. I do the neckerchiefs on the speed clamp
frame but that's because it is always down in the 'angle' of the material. Your
bandana logo area is probably going to be in a weird location if it's for guys
(rolling it up like a belt) compared to location for women (wear it like a
skull cap). Some bikers and welders would wear it like a skull cap also. So
find out which way she wants it worn before doing the tape procedure.
I use 2 layers of tearaway, and keep the density up to 5.5 or 6.5...so it
doesn't pucker. After sewing, you can 'stretch' the cloth a little after
tearing off most of the backing, when it stretches, most of the rest will fall
right out.
Roland