[amayausers.com] Re: EMC/EMT running on 1 computer

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 17:26:01 UT

This message was posted by bj on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL.
Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/273.html

I don't have an Amaya...yet  (Hopefully one day I will)  This board is so
informative, I hope that you can help me with this.

I don't know where to start but I need help in setting up both machines on the
same computer.

Here is what I have:
EMC10T with EDS3 with digitizing (it has the starlan board and is currently
hooked up to the computer.  It has the special crossover cable that runs from
the board in the computer to the machine.

EMT10T with EDSIV (supposed to be Summit, has the dongle and the ENS dongle)  I
bought the machine in Nashville was told it was Summit but that the dongle was
defective.  After I drove all the way from south of Little Rock to Nashville I
took him at his word, my bad.  I know that I will have to register the software
to even get a replacement dongle.  My plan was to upgrade it to Design Shop
Pro.  That is on hold for the time being.  (It will be cheaper for me to
upgrade my EDS3 than this version of EDSIV).  I can use this machine by using
the disk drive on it.

I bought a network ethernet hub that has 8 ports.  I was told a regular
ethernet cord should work in connecting the machines.I guess my brain is just
too frazzled to get it to work.

I would really appreciate any information to hook these machines up.  I prefer
the EMT10 over the EMC, I just hate not being able to send my designs directly
to the machine.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sorry for the rambling,

Barbara