[amayausers] Re: EMC4/6-T versus 2 Amaya (original with upgrades)

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 20:19:15 UT

This message was posted by Aaron on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/27.html#000006

I like all my machines.  They all have good/bad things.  I mostly use the
Tajima for caps but in buying the 3 new XT's my hope was to sew caps on them as
well since I have been getting several cap orders over 250 pieces.  I am more
familiar with the Melco machines and software so they are easier to setup but
the Tajima does run hats very consistant for me at 600-700 SPM.  Now I can run
caps on the XT's at 800-1100 that will be nice for production.  I use my single
head EMT's for smaller jobs, names, etc and I would have a real hard time
giving them up although replacing them with XT's over the next several years is
definitely an option.

As far as advertising I took my ad out of the yellow pages 8 years ago cause
all I ever got calls for was small monogram jobs which I will do but prefer the
larger jobs the way I am setup.  My biggest advertisement has been word of
mouth but that could be different in your area.  I also talk to alot of people
and hand out cards wherever I go.  There are lots of people out there that
don't even know about having local embroiderers or just dont think about
embroidery until you mention it and show them samples.