[amayausers] Re: Display Racks

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 3 May 2006 08:08:55 -0400

There are many large vendors for commercial 'store fixtures'...and
most of them are now doing a lot of 'on-line' business. Shipping is
going to be expensive no matter who you buy from-because most
standard 'grid' assemblies are too heavy or too large for UPS and go
by truck. First check your local largest city yellow pages for 'store
fixtures' ....if you can find one close enough the normally will
deliver on their own truck. Don't go simple by price-a local dealer
might charge more than an on-line or out of state dealer, but if you
don't pay freight-that really adds up.
We buy most of our store fixtures through closeouts-chains shutting
down, etc. and cleaning out their local spot. Also, check out
'behind' your area 'box' store-there is constantly new displays
coming into Walmart, Kmart, etc. and the stores don't pay for them-
the vendors do, so the other displays go into the dumpster. Kmarts
right now are cleaning out by the truckload to make room to move
Sears in. Word of caution, check with the store manager first before
'dumpster diving' and get  permission!

Roland