[amayausers] Re: Design shop 2005 & Plano workshop

  • From: "Edna Khalifeh" <ednakhalifeh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 01:35:55 -0600

First of all, it was great to be around so many nice and knowledgeable
embroiderers!  It was an honor to meet those who attended!  From this list,
I met Ed, what a nice, smart man ;-)  I don't get to meet many people with
my interests since I quit working at a local Sewing machine store a year
ago. I almost didn't want to leave, LOL!  But it was great to come home and
sleep in my own comfy bed and a pillow minus the lumps.  Darn, forgot my
pillow and some CDs to listen to on the way.  What a boring drive!
I was really impressed with the factory, just awesome!  I met the tech from
Vidor, TX; Al Rutledge?  He is coming to my house Monday to check out the
machine and see what's up.  I'm anxious to resolve these problems and get to
work, I'm not happy with making customers wait while the machine is down.
Not good business, is it?  Not to mention it doesn't pay the bills.  Will
keep y'all posted.  Glad I went to the workshop, learned some things that
will come in handy.  Wish I'd taken the digitizing part Thursday as I really
want to learn this program, but at the same time needed the machine part.
I've taught other embroidery software but this is slightly different and
need to learn the commands and how they work.
Jan, You may want to take a closer look at the 2005 version of Design Shop
as it has new features that are pretty nice.  1) Cross Stitch: I,
personally, am not interested in this, have had it in other programs for
over 4 yrs. and have never used it.  But new to Design Shop.
2)Photo-Stitch: Have also had this in other programs, and not used, but it
is a cool idea; make what looks like a black & white photo from a distance,
or a color photo using the 3 colors like your printer, plus black (CYMK?).
I didn't like the color version as much as the black/white.  3) Now this is
cool; create/digitize your own alphabets, assign a letter to the design and
use it as a keyboard lettering style!  Awesome!  4) Apply shadows to
lettering, move it around, really works beautifully, even removes the
stitches from the back lettering so you don't have the bulk to stitch over.
Well, lots more features, but I'm not familiar enough with the program to
recognize them.  These were the ones that caught my attention.  If you go to
the Melco site, the new features are listed under the Design Shop link.
BTW, anyone know of an email list to help learn Design Shop?
If you decide to upgrade, they were offering some great discounts to those
who attended the workshop.  So it may be worth it to you to attend.
Edna
Etched In Thread
Katy, TX