[amayausers.com] Re: Design puckering on ladies woven shirt

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 18:09:46 UT

This message was posted by GF on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL.
Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/750.html#000002

I had this very same problem a couple of weeks' ago and this is what worked for
me and goes against the "rules" of settings so try on a scrap of fabric first
to get the results that work for you. I tightened the bobbin a bit more than
recommended and put the lower limit actifeed setting to 7 or 8 (I know . . .
seems wrong), and the material thickness to 9 (again, seems just wrong).
Changed column feed to 50. I got a much better non-puckered design. Go figure.
I still want to play with these settings more and figure why that works, but it
did work for me without compromising the quality of the design at all. The
embroidery was tight and coverage excellent, and no loops above or below the
fabric. I have two Amaya XT's and the results were the same on both. I also use
sharp needles opposed to the ballpoint. 75/11 sharps. Speed at 1250. Poly
thread. I'd be interested in what others experience. My hooping was like a drum
but not overly tight. My experience with over-tight is that
 the embroidery looks good in the hoop, but when released, the fabric kind of
"shrinks" and the embroidery then looks puckered because the fabric eased back
to its original condition. Fabric was a cotton/ polyester blend dress shirt.
For stabilizer, I used a fusible mesh with a tearaway floater.

~geri