[amayausers] Re: Design Shop Help

  • From: "Jeff Banks" <jebanks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <markm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 11:09:07 -0600

Hi Mark,

 The current release does not handle the AutoTrim in lettering 100% correct.
A work around that will save some time and is a little faster than inserting
trims between the letters is to:

1: Open the Lettering File.
2: Go to Properties for the Lettering Object, and if it is using Oesco CP,
turn off the CP or change it to just Oesco Block if you have it.
3: Close the Lettering Properties, then right click on it in the Tree on the
right and then click on "Convert To WireFrame", (this will change it from a
lettering object to wire frame objects)
 4: Right Click in the Tree at the Project Level and click on Select All
 5:  Right Click at the Project Level again and click on Properties, Set the
"Trim if Connector Greater Than" command on and at .01" and Click on Apply.

 I know this is clumsy, but it is quicker than inserting the trims in the
lettering itself.  This has been improved to work as it should in the next
release of Design Shop.

 Jeff Banks
 Melco Embroidery Systems