[amayausers] Re: Design Format Question

  • From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 09:14:40 -0700

I'll try to explain this a little and am sure if Jeff is around he can
correct me or explain better.  If the digitizer uses Design Shop software
then they can send the design in .ofm format.  If the digitizer is using a
different software you will want the sent in .dst as the .dst will hold all
the original digitizer setting as they had them.  You can convert the .dst
to wireframe using Design Shop Pro ( I think you need this lever to do this,
not sure) and it does a great job of converting the .dst into a format you
can edit, although it may not sew exactly the same as the original.  By
converting to wireframe you usually end up with different fill setting,
sometimes the densities are not the same, etc.  I hope some of this makes
sense, its still early for me.

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn
linen@xxxxxxxxxxx