[amayausers.com] Re: DS 9 questions

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 11:33:25 UT

This message was posted by GF on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA EMAIL.
Instead, respond to the thread on the WEBSITE by clicking here:
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/438.html#000004

Hi Dave...I picked up on this post toward the end but you got my attn when you
said you received the HP apps error. I KNOW THIS ONE..but you need to contact
HP on their website and use their online tech support. There is a file that
removes this problem. It has to do with the HP installation software and will
conflict with various software applications. In your case, the DS installation.
Once you get the download, you run it, and it removes that request to use disk
1, etc. Then reinstall your DS and you shouldn't have a problem.

Another thing...I am also having problems with my orientation in DS...I hit the
"F" key and consistently my design will disappear. Even if it looks oriented
correctly, it will sew out incorrectly...argh. Melco told me it was a video
card problem because the new V9 of DS uses the GL Application. I upgraded my
driver and enabled the GL Application to run and I still have this problem.
Also, when I load a design to a machine, the colors don't carry over. It will
show the design correctly but will have the color stops for the previous
design. I'll be on the phone with tech support later today for this too.

Anyone else have issues with the orientation option, the color stop issue, or
the redraw button changing size for no reason?

I'm running XP Media Center (which is XP Pro on steroids) with plenty of RAM,
etc. All drivers updated.

GF