[amayausers] Re: Cut material with scissors

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2006 13:31:58 -0500

I did the same on shirts at different times...and if I can match the thread
color exactly (handy to have bought the entire 288 color spools) we
carefully hand stitch the cut from the back-not the front, then Fray check
it. One shirt I slit it right next to a border stitch, and hadn't pulled it
off the hoop yet-so I put it back on, then moved the image/hoop slightly,
and restitched only that section of border-and you couldn't tell.
Always remember to add more backing underneath-to act as a 'bridge' across
the slit...
Roland

From: "Russell Silva" <russell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 6 Jan 2006 12:47:01 -0500
To: "Amayausers" <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [amayausers] Cut material with scissors

Hi All,

    When I was cutting the backing around a design on microfiber I nicked
the material with the scissors leaving a small V shaped cut in a very
noticeable area, is there anything I can do to fix it or should I replace
it? I don't mind replacing it, it's just that it will take a week to get it
and complete the order.

Thanks in advance
Russell Silva
R. S. Embroidery