[amayausers.com] Re: Constant thread breaks real & false

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 05:06:33 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1289.html#000003

Unfortunately, not knowing what the other tech has actually done or checked
for....it may be trying to re-invent the wheel over and over in this case....

Was this issue something that was a gradual deterioration or did this just
start all of a sudden?

Is this a Melco trained and certified tech that is doing the work for you?

We as techs have a list of "Critical Measurements" that we must go through on
problem machines. If the machine does not measure up to those engineering
specs, we must bring them into the required parameters.

Something that may be suspect in your case is the "Take Up Lever Cam Disk". If
this disk has excessive wear, it will affect the operation of the entire
machine adversly. If the cam disk is worn, the takeup levers will not travel
their required distances and therefore not pull the thread tight enough around
the threadbreak sensor which will affect proper thread feed and also proper
thread break sensor operation.

Did the tech check for cam disk wear by checking takeup lever throw?

Many, many things to consider with this one.....

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer