[amayausers] Re: Colored bobbins

  • From: DLCompton@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 14:51:29 EST

I didn't mention this the first time this came around but if you only do a
few items in the same color; you can purchase metal bobbins at the fabric store
 and easily wind your own using your embroidery thread. I don't know if its a
 good idea for lots of hours or not--whether the metal in the bobbin area can
 take it. Having lots of them could get expensive but a few for small jobs
would  be doable. Does anyone know if we should use the metal bobbins in our
machines?

Dorothy  Compton
Bee Embroidered
_www.BeeEmbroidered.com_ (http://www.beeembroidered.com/)
(916)  635-7467
Rancho Cordova, CA

In a message dated 2/10/2006 10:53:03 AM Pacific Standard Time,
michele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I don't  remember who I said I would respond to when I found a source.  So,
I'll just put it on for all to see.

I found Style L poly  cardboard-sided bobbins called superbob's at
www.superiorthreads.com   I haven't ordered any yet, so I can't say anything
about them, just that I  found them.

Michele Zimmer
Carefree  Creations