[amayausers] Re: Clipping Jump Stitches

  • From: DLCompton@xxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2005 13:34:50 EST

I try to build the clips into the embroidery process for 2 reasons:  1) I'm
usually doing something while the machine is going and I'm not  pressed for
speed and 2) it ensures lock stitches are in place [I've  had embroidery come
out
after manually trimming because I failed  to put lock stitches in place].

But to answer your questions, I would manually trim. I have on  occasion
(rarely) used fabric markers to color white (or light) thread  on colored
fabric
rather than trim but you can't do that very well on red  thread on a white
fabric. :-)

Dorothy  Compton
Bee Embroidered
_www.BeeEmbroidered.com_ (http://www.beeembroidered.com/)
(916)  635-7467
Rancho Cordova, CA

In a message dated 2/8/2005 10:29:41 AM Pacific Standard Time,
springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Out of  curiosity, how many of the jump stitches are most of you clipping?   I
am working on a bunch of aprons with 4 lengthy words and a design.   The font
is about .25 in size.  There is a total of 27 jump stitches  to clip if I
clip all of them.  To date, I try to do this because they  show (white
lettering on red aprons)--do you all do the same or am I  spending too  much
time?
Sharon