[amayausers] Cleaning Bobbins.

  • From: "LiVawne G. Moore" <moore-embroidery@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:36:07 -0500

How do y'all clean bobbins?  I have discovered wonderful nests of lint built
up under the spring metal on the bobbins and so I've taken to cleaning them
after replacing every 2 or 3 bobbins.  But that takes so long, even though I
will clean several while one is sewing and get those ready to just pop in
when one runs dry.

Here is my cleaning procedure, any comments, hints, etc?

I cut a narrow piece of tear-away cap backing, because it is thick and
stiff, and use it to slide under the spring metal on the bobbin, removing
the beautiful lint nests.  Once those are all gone, I use a little bit of
isopropyl alcohol on the backing and work it back and forth cleaning
everywhere real good.  Then follow that with a blast of canned air.  Then I
rebuild it with a bobbin, adjust it and get it ready to use.

Thanks!
Thomas E. Moore
Moore Embroidery & Designs
1724 Jerusalem Drive