[amayausers] Re: Clamp hoop

  • From: "Rod or Sharon" <springer37@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 10:30:38 -0700

We just finished a large order of Carhart jackets in several of their styles
(Canvas, Denim, some with seams down the back and some without).  The small
clamping system worked great for the front chest but the larger one doesn't
work well for the back because there is no place for the excess fabric to go
inside the clamping system.  I recommend using the double wooden hoop for
the backs however, we have used the gray jacketback hoops as well -- there
is just a bigger chance of the hoop popping off the jacket.  Be VERY, VERY
careful of placing the excess part of the jacket on the tabletop.  If you
allow the jacket to hang freely, the weight can start bending your arms down
slightly so you have a tendency to wad the jacket up and place it on the
tabletop.  Don't let it raise the hoop up--it is so slight that you wouldn't
even notice it.  We did that on one jacket and it raised the hoop arms so
slightly that when the grabber bar went in and out, the tip of the grabber
bar barely caught the tip of the clamp (that you slide your hoop into) and
ripped off our needlecase.  We were sitting in front of the machine when it
happened and it happened so fast...  Just be very careful and pay attention
to where your jacket is.
Sharon