[amayausers] Re: Carhart settings???

  • From: "Roland R. Irish III" <signman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 09:38:38 -0400

We've done several dozen of the Sanmar 'work jacket' which is identical to
the Carhart, but has the 'hidden zippers' to make life so much easier! Did
do a jacket right through both layers before we found the zipper...
Seems I remember the settings 'using' the zipper pocket (so we only went
through one layer of canvas, plus a 2 oz. backing we sprayed with adhesive
to hold in place) at around 10. I will have to see if we wrote notes on it
and saved them. Back of the jackets had 67,000 stitches, front had name on
one side, 15,000 on the other. Going through both layers and quilting I
think we ran up around 14 or 15. Depends on the stitching also. We did do
one Carhart the client already had-and that jacket had a seam right down the
back-broke needles, and had to increase to around 18 I think. Was not happy
with the quality at all on those-the Sanmar jackets were far superior and
customer reordered twice.
Worst problem was hooping them-material is so thick that the hoop screw was
almost at the limit. Had to put adhesive back tape around both inner and
outer hoop to hold the material. (also why we had to use a layer of backing
inside the jacket back with adhesive-to keep the hoop from skidding) and
then had to use heavy duty 'wedge' clamps to keep the hoops from popping
open. Once we got the system of hoop, backing, and clamp working it took
approx. 2 hours PER JACKET to get all the embroidery done.
Roland