[amayausers] Re: Business Plan Software

  • From: "Itchin To Stitch" <itchin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 16:45:51 -0600

Debbie,
Your question was very legitimate. Sometimes our responses get a little
overzealous and feathers get ruffled but my best advice is to take it all in
stride. I've been put in my place on this list but I keep coming back for
more because it is an invaluable resource for me and I'm willing to overlook
the occassional hand slap. So perhaps those that are going to remove
themselves will rethink their decision and remain with us because they too
will be able to offer some good advice and maybe receive some in return.
Now.....on to your question. There is software out there that I looked at
when I first started my business and needed to write a business plan. If you
do a Google search plenty of information will come up. I didn't purchase the
software because it wasn't industry specific enough. I did some research
through the SBA and my local small business resource center. You might be
surprised at the abundance of information or professionals that are willing
to assist you in writing a BP via these resources, especially if you are a
woman (sorry guys!).Here in MN there is also a non-profit group called Women
Venture that offers classes/seminars on this type of thing and I have to
believe there are other orgs. out there that offer the same. That is where I
would start. I sweated over that darn thing but was able to get the
financing I needed with it. Good luck to you and if you have some specific
questions you can e-mail privately or call me.
Wendy Solomonson
Itchin' To Stitch
Arlington, MN
(507)964-2224