[amayausers] Re: Brand of Thread

  • From: "Steve Cohen" <steve208321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:21:42 -0400

I think you will find most people in this group are using ARC, Madeira, or Isacord. Personally, I like the Isacord thread. I run it at 650spm on most materials except caps at 550spm with very few thread breaks. (I do not have an Amaya but an older EMT Melco machine) You can try calling some thread companies and ask for samples to test them out. (They may charge for them though) Hope this helps.
Steve

From: "Brookside Designs" <vendors@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 08:09:49 -0400 Good morning, everyone. I've got a 'newbie to the Amayas' question:

We've been using Kingstar polyester thread for years with our Barudan
machine with great results - but it apparently cannot handle the higher
speeds of our new Amayas.  So we are in the market for a new thread brand.
We've ordered the 'sample' pack of the ARC threads, but they do not match up
well (color wise) with our Kingstar threads and need to supplement them.
Anyone out there using thread other than ARC with good results?

Kip Biddle, partner

Brookside Designs