[amayausers.com] Re: Banging noise

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 15:26:58 UT

This message was posted by scott on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?/topic/1/1354.html

Hi, I have an XT. I messed up and move the needle case to the right with the
right cover off. I have got everything back together. I'm having a problem
getting the spring loaded metal gear to time correctly with the needle case
gear. If I time it in one gear tooth the medal gear hits the back frame making
a banging noise. In the other tooth the pick up arm is way off. I'm timing it
by rotating the medal bar and alining the C with the needle stud. I'm dead in
the water and a tech maybe able to come Friday. I read in the manual the whole
Assy must be changed? Is there something I can do? I have a tech back ground
fixing office machines for 20 years. Seems like there is something I'm missing?
Have not tried it but It looks OK to sew when it makes the banging noise. Any
help would be great. Thanks