[amayausers] Re: Amaya ethernet problem

  • From: "Linen Barn" <linen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 14:04:03 -0800

If you normally run through a hub then try to connect directly from the
computer to the AMAYA it won't work with the same ethernet cable.  If you
connect using a hub you use a normal cable and if you connect directly from
computer to AMAYA you need a Crosslink cable (I don't think its called that
but I do know it is a different cable).

You said in an earlier post that 1 of your 2 isn't working.  Did you try
unplugging the cable from the working amaya and plug it into the one that it
wasn't recognizing?

You probably tried this but, turn off both machines, resart your computer.
Wait a few minutes to make sure all the network connections are established
on the reset computer.  Open Amaya OS, turn on the machines and try to
configure them again.  Make sure your ethernet setting is set to force
download before you restart the computer.

If that doesn't work try to uninstall and then re-install the AMAYA OS.

Aaron Sargent
The Linen Barn
linen@xxxxxxxxxxx
Medford, Oregon