[amayausers.com] Re: Amaya OS 9 bug?

  • From: theboards@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 01:45:35 UT

This message was posted by Rod or Sharon on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/3/396.html#000012

Mary,

UPGRADES are when you go from one version to another...7.00.xxx to Version
9.00.xxx for example.

UPDATES are patches/improvements/fixes or whatever name you want to put on it,
to that particular version .

There is a charge for UPGRADES. There is no charge for UPDATES. Version 9 is
the first one that will allow "updating" on the internet. If there is no
internet capability, then having a CD mailed is possible but Melco will require
that you pay postage. There is no charge for the UPDATE.

I usually just right click on the desktop icon and rename it to whatever update
is the latest one. Not sure why the Icons do not bring forward the latest
update number.....hasn't been a big enough issue to force me to remember to
check into it.......

Rod Springer
Amaya Tech & Trainer