[amayausers.com] Re: Advice onTwill Lettering & Sew Disk options

  • From: webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: amayausers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:56:28 UT

This message was posted by SharonA on AmayaUsers.com. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY VIA
http://www.amayausers.com/boards/ultimatebb.php?/topic/2/592.html#000003

Debbie, you are welcome.
Are you sewing letters on the front or embroidering?  The layout looks good.
Sending the stitch file to your Amaya is very easy.  Are you using 2 'puters?
Just put it on a floppy and open it in design shop.  Make sure your stitches
are in the right order- we have 2 Iolines and sometimes the stitches come to me
in the wrong order to be sewn- look at the stitches according to the color for
the order they will sew in.  Make sure your placement stitch is first- if not
click on it and drag it up to the top.  Then a color change then your zig-zag
stitch.  (I would definately cut this out of scrap and sew a test first to get
comfortable with the technique).  I spray the back of the letters with spray
adhesive- we haven't used the pressure sensitive twill.  When you load your
machine colors first click on your garment color for your placement stitch- I
believe you said blue, then click the APPLIQUE button.  Don't forget this- the
machine stops at this point for you to lay your letters down- and then click on
your zig-zag stitch color.  When you lay your lett
 ers down be careful not to press hard enough to loosen your fabric in the
hoop- if you feel you need to press them down really hard support the jacket
with your hand under it or take the hoop out completley and lay it on a flat
surface to press the letters on.  It is critical that you get the letters lined
up exactly with the placement stitch.  After you get them laid down push the
green go button.
I have worked with a Stahl's disc before.  It's very easy.  Just insert the
disc and no worries about the stitches being in the worng order.
You are not over your head here- I love doing applique and once you do it
you'll get hung up on it, too.  We carry over 100 diff fabrics & 30 diff colors
of twill here and the design possibilities are endless.  We do TONS of 2 color
Greek appliques on hoodies- the girls spend hours picking fabric combinations
and it is always fun to see the finished products.
Good Luck -
I am sure you will do fine
-SharonA